Assess Your Biases
We all have biases, whether it's good or bad. It comes from 3 things.
- Story - religion or something you read
- Fear - repeated bad experience
- Avoidance - you don’t like talking about difficult topics
To assess, start asking yourself:
- Is it possible that I’m wrong?
- Do I truly believe in this? or is this something that someone just told me?
- Is there another way to look at this?
Identify Your Triggers
Your body will always tell you if you are afraid, excited or happy. We are all very reactive and we need to be more reflective.
To Identify, listen to your body when you experience triggers. Ask yourself:
- Why am I feeling this way?
- Is this something that I truly feel? Or do I feel like this because this is what is expected of me?
- Do I need to overcome this feeling? Or do I need to change the environment?
Know Your Core Values
List down your 5 core values. This will help you identify your strength and weaknesses so you can be more accountable on your mistakes.